Every June our Park and Rec dept in Thousand Oaks hosts an annual Touch a Truck day. Local trucks come out to the park by TOHS and you are allowed to walk around them, get inside, honk the horns, climb on them, do whatever for the whole day. Its awesome and the boys love it. This year we saw police cars, ambulances, tow trucks, Humvee's (I hope I spelled that right), bomb squad truck, trash trucks, helicopters, tractors, etc. The best part was Sam and Harrison got to sit in the basket of a crane and be lifted up to the sky. Below is a pic of Harrison with grandma and grandpa being lifted up and getting to touch the tree.
Sam got to ride with Ben and I, however our camera died so we didnt get a picture. The boys had a blast. The also go to go on a Jolly Jump slide and on a little train ride around the parking lot. The highlight of their day. The boys got to sit in everything, touch all the buttons, play with the controlls, honk the horns, pretend to drive, etc. Its an awesome event and so perfect for boys, we love it! Cant wait to go next year!
1 comment:
Touch a Truck day. That is classic! Testostorone city! I love the picture with the boys and their trucks. Perfect. What a great idea.
Post a Comment