Monday, June 2, 2008

Harrison


Harrison amazes Ben and I daily. Everyday he asks a million questions anything and everything he can think of. Why do we have bones in our body? Are there bones in our stomach? How do planes fly? How does a helicopter fly? Mom lets count to 100 and then back. A-L-B-E-R-T-S-O-N-S, what does that spell? Mom I want to tell you a story. Mom, 10 plus 2 equals 12.

My most recent conversation with Harrison: Mom where do we live?
In Newbury Park.
No, mom, where do we live?
In California.
No mom, where!
We live on the planet Earth, on the Earth there are countries, we live in the country of the United States, in the United States there are states, we live in the state of California. In California there are cities we live in the city of Newbury Park.
Mom, who created the Earth?
God.
How?
I'm so tired.

This is how my day goes, just about every day. Harrison does not take simple answers either, he wants the detailed working and knowledge of everything. How does a cat walk? With his legs. No, no, no, HOW does he walk? Oh boy, he has bones and muscles, the cats brain sends a signal to his body......

Lately Harrison has been building with his Lincoln Logs and does a pretty amazing job. He got it right away and didnt need any help. Today this was his masterpiece. Can we say architect in our future?
He made this in about 10 minutes and you cant really see but it has a balcony that comes off the front in a canteliever type design. When I was four I was most curious about what we were having for lunch and what my brothers were up to.

I'm so proud of Harrison and love his thirst for knowledge and learning. It is so fun to try to figure out how to answer his questions and to teach him. The other night he was doing a United States puzzle with mom. Mom was showing him where everyone in the family lived. Uncle Jim lives here in San Diego, Uncle Adam lives in Ohio, Aunt Becky lives in Massachusettes, Uncle Jim lives in New York, etc, etc. Then he asked "Where does Grandma Chris live?" Mom said in Heaven. "Show me on the map where my Grandma Chris lives?" Mom had to them in detail explain to him that she lived above the map in the sky and was looking down on him. It made me laugh because honestly we have the "where does Grandma Chris live?" conversation on a daily basis. I think he was asking mom to see if I was correct or if she knew.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

What a smarty pants!! He can join Michael. All Michael has ever wanted to do is figure things out and make things. He wonders about everything and reads about it all. In 5th grade Michael came home from the library with a 2 inch thick book on Einstien. I thought it was cute. He actally read it and told us about it.
Harrison, YOU GO!!! ask away. You're a smart smart cookie.
Way to keep up with him, Amanda and Ben. I love his design. It has more detail than I would have ever thought of at his age.

Marrianne said...

He and Christian need to get together with Legos. They'd have a great time and probably come up with some amazing designs.

Your blog is so fun! Good job on it!

I love your summer lesson plan - I am planning on something similar, but didn't know about that website. That's a great idea!