Friday, February 20, 2009

Tour de Palm Springs

For the last 3 years we have been going to Palm Springs to participate in the annual Tour de Palm Springs charity ride. Which charities they give to? I dont know, maybe TBD (Arrested Development fans will get that) but we love going and riding in the event. This year we had more family join us which made it all the better. Jim, Lynette, Seth, Ethan, Kent and Lonnie.
We all signed up for the 10 mile ride, most of us made it, however those of us towing kids had to stop at 8 miles, the kids were worn out and done. Derek's auntie Dancette says 25 miles next year. I'm game, I think it would be fun, but not with a Sammy in tow. We'll see. Here are some fun pics from the race.

Our family at a SAG stop. Is it still exercising when you stop at every SAG for free drinks and treats? Sure, why not! Lynette and Ethan. He rode on a seat on the front of her bike. Seth rode his own bike 8 miles. What an awesome kid!

Sam in the trailer. He sucked his thumb, twirled his hair and ate Peanut M&M's the whole time while I pulled him 8 miles.
Harrison's new bike attachment. His bike attached to Ben's bike and he rode 8 miles like that. He loved it.

William worked really hard this year training for this event and we are so proud of him. He biked 0 miles but has put a lot of miles sitting in his stroller watching everyone. Its hard work. William got to spend the time with grandma, as you can see he was just fine.

I wish I had more pictures of our great weekend. We got to eat out, which was fun, stay at a hotel and visit with everyone. The kids got to swim in the pool, jump in the jacuzzi and splash other guests we didnt know. We got to have KHS fix Ben's flat tire right before the race started, listed to the Palm Springs High School Marching Band and stay up all night, both nights with William because he doesnt like to sleep anywhere else put in his crib. No sleep, kids running around, wierd food, and family? Sounds like a great vacation to me!




5 comments:

rebecca said...

Great summary, Amanda. You guys rock! I just might have to use the photo of Harrison on his bike in next years' calendar.

Wayne said...

Maybe the ride was for GVH, Graft versus Host. It’s new, it’s fatal, and guess who’s got it?

Heidi Henderson said...

wow... I'm way imipressed! What fun though! I bet you had nicer weather than I do here!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there but not pregnant. Maybe next year. It looks like so much fun.

Missy said...

Wish I could have been there but not pregnant. Maybe next year. It looks like so much fun.