This morning the boys are a little antsy so I've added some chores to their chore chart to keep them busy and to keep my sanity. This morning they are helping me clean windows. They are doing a really good job and I'm very impressed. We are listening to Becky's CD she made of her mom's favorite songs. The boys keep asking me to replay Neil Diamond's 'Sweet Caroline' so they can dance around. Sam keeps trying to do the robot and Harrison's got some pretty funny dance moves himself. 
I've been using this chore chart system that my sister in law Julie uses for her kids. I love it. It bases it requirements on daily chores, weekly chores and behavior. When the kids do their chores and/or show good behavior they get to put a "green dot" on the chart and at the end of the day they get to pick a treat. Stay up 5 minutes extra, ice cream with grandma, time with mom or dad, etc. When they dont do their chores or show bad behavior they get a penalty and lose things. Toys, bed 5 minutes early, no treat, etc. Here's the link to the site where I got it and it explains it much better than me. I love it and has given some structure to our daily routine. It also helps me stay on top of things I want them to get done. You can customize it aswell. Here's the website: http://www.familytools.com/ if anyone wants to check it out.
2 comments:
I think Harrison doing the robot needs to go in the family calender...HILARIOUS!
Nothing like little guys doing a boogie to great music!
Post a Comment