Friday, April 4, 2008

The Easter Disaster of 2008

Why are those poor children in grubby clothes on Easter? Dont their parents care about them? Are Ben and Amanda in need of some mental help? Are these the questions you are asking yourself as you look at this picture of Sam and Harrison on Easter Day?



What happened you might ask? Well it started Saturday night when I filled Easter eggs with Reeses Peanut Butter cups and then carlessly hid the bag, in my closet, so the boys wouldn't find them. Sunday morning we decided to have an Easter brunch because our church is at 1:00. While Ben and I were making breakfast/brunch Sam and Harrison went into my closet and found the bag of eggs, opened them, unwrapped the candy and ate/played 2 bags of candy. I was informed they were "making muffins". The kids were wired!


After brunch we got everyone showered and into their nice Easter clothes. While Ben and I were getting ready, the boys found a tube of Desitin and smeared it all over themselves. Hair, face, feet, oh yes, and those nice, clean Easter clothes. So with church starting in 10 minutes and the boys clothes ruined they got to wear old worn pants to church, not so nice dress shirts and the icing on the cake: Sam got to wear tennis shoes because we couldn't find his church shoes.


We were 30 minutes late to church. While in Sacrament Mtg Sam and Harrison started yelling at eachother and Ben had to take them out to the foyer where they spent the remainder of the time. It was so lovely sitting in church alone while I saw all these other families with their beautifully dressed, well behaved children. Ben missed all other meetings because Sam fell asleep on him in the foyer. We are hoping for better luck next year, maybe we will dress the kids on the way to church, thus trying to avoid any "wardrobe malfunctions" that might arise. We'll have a 6 month old baby next year, so I am sure the inevitable poop up the back will happen regardless.


I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and I have been loving all the pics being sent out from family members. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

great job! I love the pictures and blog. Cutest boys in NP and I'm sure at church even with a wardrobe malfunction.