Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

I still dont have a computer I can put our pictures on So until then I will just write about Halloween.
This Halloween we had a blast. I think every Halloween should be on a Saturday. It made the holiday more fun and we were able to do something fun Friday and Saturday.

This year Harrison and Sam were Luke Skywalker and William was Yoda.

Friday morning I got all the kids dressed in their Halloween costumes and we headed to school. The kindergarten classes were having a Halloween Carnvial and the little boys (Sam and William) got to help me at the cookie decorating booth. One of the kindergarten moms planned the whole carnvial. There were 9 booths: Spider Ring Toss, Goblin Goo, Ghost Bowling, Eye Ball Relay Races, Pumpkin Penny Toss, Snack booth, Spooky Necklaces, Capt Jack Sparrow photo's, and cookie decorating. The kids had so much fun and Harrison was in heaven. William smooshed all the teachers with his Yoda costume and his cheesy smile. Sam helped me keep the kindergarteners in line and keep them from eating frosting out of the jars or putting their sticks into the frosting. Harrison looked so grown up in his costume and has adapted to kindergarten really well. He is doing awesome and I am so proud of him. After the carnvial we came home and rested. Ben came home from work early and the boys carved pumpkins with dad. Ben made the Death Star and Sam and Harrison's pumpkins were silly. Harrison was worried because we only had 4 pumpkins but there were 5 people in our family. I told him William and I were sharing one. He was ok with that. After pumpkins we made dinner then headed out to the trunk or treat at church. At theTrunk or Treat one of the dad's was dressed up in a Grim Reaper costume and had a mask over his face, the face on the mask was faceless and faceless things freak me out. I know this dad and he loves to tease me. We walked up to get candy and I asked for a PB cup, he handed it to me but I didnt take it, I was worried he would grab my hand, so I put Williams bag on the ground and asked him to toss it in there. As we were walking away Sam and Harrison noticed that I had been scared, Sam kept telling me "dont worry mom, dont be scard, its just a dad dressed up, mom. Halloween isnt real mom, its just pretend, its just for fun." We went to the next car and it has a skeleton that talked when you got close to it. I didnt notice so I jumped when it started talking. Harrison this time came to my rescue "Look mom, its fake, its a robot and this box right here tells it when you are coming close and then it makes it talk, its not real, see I'm hitting it with my light saber and it nothing is happening, its ok". Thank goodness I have such strong, brave men to protect me.

Saturday we had plans to head over to the park for a Halloween Carnival but William slept most of the afternoon and when he woke up it was time to head to grandma's for trick or treating. We had dinner at my mom's and then went trick or treating in her neighborhood. Her neighbors ask her every year if we are coming and one neighbor always has something special for the boys. This year she went all out and bought them a set of toy construction trucks. They have been playing with them all weeekend. We surveyed the loot, ate some candy and headed home. We put everyone to bed and then watched Ghost Hunters and ate the kids candy. Dont worry we left plenty for them. Harrison has decided Kit Kat's are his favorite and specifically was asking for Kit Kat's at everyone's door. He pretty much has an entire bag full of just them. He is thrilled! I was sad to see Halloween end, we had so much fun and it was a blast having Halloween on Saturday. I think it should be on Saturday every year! Hope everyone had fun too. Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I do miss the school parties. They're a crack up. Can't wait for pictures!

Julee said...

I can totally imagine William as Yoda. I'll bet he was adorable. I love that H & S were both Luke S. Little Star Wars groupies. :)

Marrianne said...

I think we should start a petition to make Halloween on the last Saturday of October. Wouldn't that be awesome?

J. Marie said...

Sounds like Halloween was great for you guys:) I want to see yoda pictures so bad:)

Kat said...

Oh, I can't wait to see pics; I know you have amazing costumes for your kids! Sounds like such a fun Halloween! I can't wait for my little guy to be big enough to care about holidays. People handing out candy at a trunk or treat are a little wary of giving candy to 6 month olds :).