Wednesday, August 13, 2008

William Thomas






William is here! We are so happy and so thrilled to have our new little baby. William Thomas was born July 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM. He weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. William is a total love and very sweet and content baby. He looks at you with his dark blue eyes and smiles, it just melts our hearts. Sam and Harrison have been so good with their new brother and are very sweet to him. Sam grabs his pillow and lays down wherever William is. He sucks him thumb, twirls his hair and talks to his new brother. Harrison is very interested in the logistics of William, "look at his long legs, how many inches are they?" "How much do you feed him" "How many inches is William, how many inches am I?" Harrison keeps telling everyone how cute William is and how much he loves him. He scrunches up his face when he says it, we all get a good laugh.



For journaling purposes: I went to the Dr. the Thursday before William was born. The Dr. commented that if I was ready he would induce me the following week. I was so excited, however when the Dr. checked me I was not ready and he told me I couldnt be induced the following week. He said to come back on Wednesday, July 2nd and he would check me again, if I was ready then I could be induced on Thursday, July 3rd. I went home with the full knowledge that I would not have William for a few weeks, I really didnt want to be induced. Wednesday came and Ben stayed home with the boys, he said "Maybe we'll have a baby today" I told him dont count on it and went to my appt. I even called as I was leaving "I'm going to my appt, I'll be back with no news". When I went to my appt the nurse asked me if I had any concerns. Not really but the baby hadnt been moving since my last appt. It didnt bother me, I could imagine William in a comfy spot, sucking his thumb warm and toasty and out of room to move. So I didnt make a big deal of it or mention it to many people. The nurse noted that and left the room. My Dr. marched into the room, frantically asked me why I hadnt reported the baby's non-movement and checked for the baby's heartbeat and measurements. He was livid! He informed me that I would be going to the hospital tonight and be put on Cervadil, if it worked then he could induce me tomorrow. I was in tears. I hate the hospital and I was tired and just wanted to go to bed, not sleep in a hospital bed! He hooked me up to the stress test machine and left me in the room. I was in tears! My mom just happen to call me at that moment, I told her to call Ben right away and let him know what was going on. He called me immediately, elated and so excited we were going to have a baby tonight. I was in tears! I was scared and not ready! After the stress test I went home and waited for the Dr's call of when to go to the hospital. The Dr. told me to eat really good tonight because I would be eating until after the baby was born. Mom, Dad, Ben, the boys and I all went to Outback and got steaks. That's eating really good right? After that Mom and Dad took the boys to their house to spend the night and Ben and I went home to wait for the hospital to call. About 9:30 we were told to come over. We got to the hospital, got situated in our room and I was given Cervadil and a sleeping pill. Ben had to sleep on a padded bench and I slept in the hospital bed. It was a long night. In the morning I was dialated to a 1 at 5:30 A.M. The Dr. came in at 8:30 and I was a 4. Soon after I was a 6. At 11:00 the Dr. came in, broke my water and gave me pitocin. I received an epidural at 2:00 and my blood pressure dropped to 80/30 and stayed there for the next few days. I was really dizzy and felt weak. Thank goodness for the steak dinner. At 4:15 I was ready to push and William came at 4:47. The nurses couldnt believe how big he was and Ben and I were in awe. William has a big barrell chest like Sammy and long legs and arms like Harrison. He has a big round head that was perfectly shapped when he came out, just like Harrison's and Sammy's.



William is just the cutest baby and has the sweetest demeanor about him. I cant stop kissing William and holding him. Ben has to ask if he can hold William, I guess I am hogging him. Grandma's getting a little annoyed with me too for the same reason. William smells so sweet and looks so much like Ben. He is just too handsome and such a love. No wonder I cant leave him alone, he looks like his daddy! I love William so much and am so honored to be him mom and have the opportunity to raise him. I love you forever William!

4 comments:

Heidi Henderson said...

Congrats Ellsworth family on your new addition! How sweet is a new baby! Amanda, you did an awesome job considering the situation... those surprises are hard! But your family is continue to grow with all those handsome men and beautiful mom!


Congrats!!!

Julee said...

I loved reading through your journaling of William's arrival. He is such a cute boy, and I love seeing him with his big brothers. Can't wait to meet him--Thanksgiving, right?

rebecca said...

That first picture is too precious for words! Thanks for sharing, Amanda. This was a beautiful journal entry.

Emmy Bludorn said...

3 boys - that's awesome! Congratulations.